The Verkhovna Rada has passed the first reading of the bill on writing off loan debts on the property of citizens who were destroyed during the war. The document was supported by 283 MPs. This was reported by the deputy Yaroslav Zheleznyak in Telegram.
According to the draft № 7441-1 physical persons-borrowers in the presence of supporting documents can get the lender to suspend payments on the loan.
This applies to loans for movable / immovable property, which because of the war:
- appeared in temporarily occupied territory or in the territory of active combat operations
- damaged or destroyed as a result of military operations,
Loan freezing (payment of loan principal, interest, commissions and other payments) for borrowers occurs until the borrower receives state compensation for the property.
Borrowers who have:
- The total area of the destroyed property for which the loan was taken does not exceed for an apartment 140 square meters, for a dwelling house 250 square meters, and which is the only residence of the borrower's family, or the only vehicle with an engine displacement not exceeding 2,500 cm is destroyed;
- as of February 23, 2022, there is no overdue indebtedness under such agreement;
- the purpose of obtaining a loan under the contract is the purchase, reconstruction or construction of such real estate, or the purchase of such vehicle.
The lender in such a case is entitled to compensation from the state.
Deadline for applications - the period of martial law in Ukraine plus 3 months after the date of its termination. Under each case borrowers must provide the lender with supporting documents at one time or another.